July 14, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I was nominated (by Patty Froese, a close friend who writes Christian romances) for the Liebster Award.  Since I'm not good with award things like this I'm going to be a grinch and keep it all to myself. :P

The rules are:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
  2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
  3. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
  4. Write eleven questions for your nominees and then…
  5. Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)
The Liebster Blog Award is given bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.


Patty's Questions
1. Where do you blog–where is your computer right now?
I blog on a laptop, that's currently on my lap on a lazyboy in the living room.  I used to keep my laptop in my office, but it's hard to talk to the husband when I'm in a different room.

2. Where do you get your ideas for your posts?
With all the crafting mistakes I make and things I've leaned the past few years, I've no end of blog post ideas.  For the moment.

3. If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be?
Jimmy the Hand from Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga.  He's just awesome.

4. What’s your favorite snack food?
That I'm allowed to eat right now?  Nectarines.  That I'm not allowed to eat, everything from chips to chocolate and ice cream.

5. What is your ideal job?
I'm doing it.  Bookseller. :)

6. What is your favorite TV show?
I don't watch TV anymore, so I don't really have one.  I like Supernatural and I'm stoked they're making a new Sailor Moon anime.

7. Drama or Comedy?
Both, when I'm in the right mood for them.

8. If you could be rich and famous, would you do it?
Not a chance.

9. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes split–good or bad?
Good, because if you're marriage is bad, what's the point?

10. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Crafting supplies, if I haven't bought them all already.

11. What was the happiest day of your life (besides marriage or childbirth)?
Not sure.  I have happy periods of my life rather than days I remember above others.  I'm always happy when I'm travelling, when I'm having a quiet night in with the hubby, when one of the kitties is sleeping in my lap looking all cute and innocent.

11 Random Facts About Me
I love cats.
I own a serger and kind of know how to use it.
I like anime, manga and comics (particularly old school X-Men).
I modify clothes and patterns a lot.
I read a lot more than I should (if that's possible).  I've always got my face in a book.
I've travelled all around Europe.
I lived in Japan for 2 years.
I've never been South of the equator, but would really like to someday.
My living room is decorated with 3D puzzles and lego models.
I love to cook new things, but they don't always turn out right. (My husband's such a good sport and eats it all regardless.)
[Gee wiz this is hard.  Who'd have thought coming up with 11 interesting facts would be so difficult?]
I collect nik naks from all the places I visit and display them in a glass case in my bedroom.

2 comments:

Patty Froese said...

:D I didn't know you've never been south of the equator. There you go. I learned something!

Karin said...

i love nectarines too!