September 19, 2012

Autumn Tree Card

A while back I decided to try and start using all the specialty papers I've got lying around.  When I was a child I remember using transparent paper one of my parents brought home from Germany.  After looking for a similar product in Canada for years, I got the chance to go to the source.  The paper is a cross between tissue paper and wax paper, being thicker than tissue but not grainy, and yet also being thinner than wax and available in multiple colours.

It wasn't easy to locate, but I did find some.  And here's a card I made with it.  I cut the tree out with a craft knife, then cut a frame out of my base card so the transparency of the paper would be visible.  Using some other colours, I punched leaves.  This is the card in regular light.
This is it partially back lit so you can see the tree but also still the leaves.
 Here it is fully back lit.
I've got some more ideas of what to do with this paper, when time permits.  The closer it gets to Christmas, the less time I'll have for experimenting with papers as I'll have to work hard to get all my cards ready in time.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Transparent Paper: Folia Paper
Punch: ? not sure, it's a cheap punch I picked up a craft show with no logo on it

2 comments:

Patty Froese said...

That card is gorgeous! My favorite time of year. :)

Karin said...

I like that card! fall is so gorgeous here in the woods.