November 7, 2012

Jane Austen Cameo

This is a card I gave a writer friend of mine for the publication of one of her books.  The cameo and ovals were cut on my Silhouette SD, with punched butterflies and a dot embossed background.  The text is from Pride & Prejudice and I printed it up myself on cream resume paper.  In the future I'd probably leave the creme oval bare, as the text makes it feel busy.  I also used some Core'dinations cardstock, sanding the edges for a softer look.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections, Core'dinations, resume paper
Punch: Martha Stewart Butterfly and Stamp
Embossing Folder: Couture Creations - Swiss Dots
ribbon
pearl accents
sandpaper

4 comments:

Karin said...

I love this card!!! Great card for a reader too.

Karin said...

Do you have any ' welcome to the destruction of the world' cards or Happy 'Dec. 21ST ...hope you survive' cards??

Love to see your ideas on that theme. Maybe that's what i'll send out this year instead of christmas cards. I'd even consider buying a pack of cards from you, if you create a good one. nb, i might be a little off on the exact date.

Jessica Strider said...

Hmm... end of the world cards, eh? Haven't given that much thought, but it will certainly be an event if there's nothing after that.

Patty Froese said...

My card!! :) I love that card. It's still sitting on my desk, making me feel special. :)