January 8, 2013

Um Wow Studio December Kit

The first of the three kits I won from Um Wow Studio arrived last night.  Here's a picture of it:

And yes, it arrived wrapped in a pattern.  I'm wondering if I can incorporate that into one of my projects...  The kit uses a lot of embellishments I've never used in card crafting before, a fabric flower, a wire nest, painted corrugated cardboard.  In fact, shy of the doily and the printed heart I'm not sure I've used anything like these at all.  DeeDee just unveiled the January kit, which is so pretty - pink and white (and I'm not generally a fan of pink).

So, another goal for this year: Use all of the products from the Um Wow kits on projects this year.  That should help stretch my creativity. :)

I also took a trip to a bead store in Toronto yesterday and picked up some pin supplies for those embellishments.  If things go according to plan I'll made up some pins to use on upcoming projects.  I've also decided, again to push my creative boundaries, to enter more challenges.  I entered a few last year and had a lot of fun with them.  It's time to get crafty!

No comments: