May 10, 2013

It's 5:00 Somewhere...

I made this card for Kenny K's challenge of Flowers, flowers, flowers.  Colouring these images takes a while so I haven't done many recently.  In fact, this card took over 2 hours to make...  But I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The digital image was printed off and then cut out on my Silhouette (I printed and cut out a bunch of images a while back, so this isn't counted in that 2+ hours).  I coloured her in with pencil crayons, trying a few new shading ideas on the hair that I think worked out well.  The gold jewelry and dots on the dress were done with a gold gel pen.  I coloured the alcohol in the glass with a glitter pen and then covered the glass with glossy accents.
The circular die cut is by Marianne Createables, the large flowers and tag are Spellbinders.  For the small flowers I punched tissue paper and threaded either a gold brad or a piece of wire through the layers, turning the layers so they look full.  For the wire flowers, I topped them with rhinestones.  For the bigger flowers I curled down the petals for the die cut and added the punched and gathered flower to the centre, curling the petals first in, then out a bit.

For the card base, I stamped Impression Obsession's gradation in aqua.  I glued the two main die cuts on, curling the tag's edges.  The sentiment was also stamped in aqua, from a There She Goes set.  I used foam tape to apply the woman and carefully glued on the flowers, fluffing them up again once they'd set.

4 comments:

Karin said...

wow, that's a lot of work!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Well done! All my cards take hours too... my creativity is slow :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krews *Flowers* challenge !

Tammy, KKKK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Patty said...

I LOVE this one!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew "Flowers" challenge. Good luck and please join us again soon.